Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Frederick Brooke author of Doing Max Vinyl


Frederick Brooke

I was an early reader and decided to become a writer before hitting high school. An affinity for learning languages led to my spending a year in Germany during college, then a year in France a few years later, as a teaching assistant in a lycée. Teaching agreed with me. There followed a 20-year career in the language school business, first as a teacher, then as school manager and salesman of language training. A few years ago I started writing again and in early 2011 finished my first novel, Doing Max Vinyl. I enjoyed writing it so much that I quit my job at the language school in order to devote all my time to writing my second book, a sequel to Doing Max Vinyl. Nowadays you'll find me writing and revising day and night, when I'm not saying hello on Twitter. Follow me on Twitter for the latest news.

Doing Max Vinyl 


Mystery/detective


Max Vinyl is a recycling king in Chicago. When his environmentalist girlfriend catches him dumping old computer junk in Lake Michigan, Max gets a taste of her violent side. Even his ex-wife can't save him this time. Meanwhile two of Max Vinyl's brawny enforcers have provoked Annie Ogden, just back from four years in Iraq-bad idea! Doing Max Vinyl-guaranteed to make you laugh till you cry. 


Buy at Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment