Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

Nancy A Kaiser: The IAN Interview










I was born with an innate love of animals, especially horses. I grew up riding, training, and showing horses in New Jersey. I graduated from Rutgers College of Pharmacy and practiced for several years before marrying my horse vet and leaving pharmacy to manage our equine hospital and breeding farm for 27 years. My abilities in telepathic animal communication and healing emerged while working with one of my husband’s patients. I live in the healing Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina surrounded by my family of two Labs and a horse.

I operate “Just Ask” Communications, a practice devoted to healing the human-animal bond through enhanced communication and understanding. I’m an ordained minister in the Universal Brotherhood Movement and work as a spiritual liaison for animals and their human companions. I am committed to bridging the chasm that has developed between species while increasing respect for all our relations. I’m an award-winning author of two books, Letting Go: An Ordinary Woman’s Extraordinary Journey of Healing & Transformation and Tales of an Animal Communicator ~ Master Teachers.

IAN. Please tell us about your latest book.
NK. Tales of an Animal Communicator ~ Master Teachers chronicles the tales of the remarkable animals that taught me that I was destined to be an animal communicator and healer. These amazing stories begin after my marriage in 1977. Tales opens with the story of the Quarter Horse filly foal, Because Of Love, who was born with curvature of the spine. Eventually, Love taught me that I was meant to be an animal communicator and changed my life forever.
After committing to my new path, astonishing animals and events began entering my life. The remainder of the book shares the lives and lessons of my personal animals that helped hone my skills in telepathic communication and spiritual healing. From my life on Fair Chance Farm, through my move to the mountains of North Carolina, and subsequent divorce, the lessons and unconditional love of these extraordinary animals will simply astound you. I guarantee you will never look at your own animals the same way again!
I’ve also created a companion CD or MP3 download to Tales of an Animal Communicator ~ Master Teachers that is available for purchase on my Website. Gifts From the Universe contains two releasing exercises that form the final chapter of the book and are designed as guided meditations to aid with the tumultuous energies of CHANGE that we’re all experiencing at this time on our planet.
A portion of the proceeds from the sales of Tales will be donated to my local Humane Society, Noah’s Wish, and The Wild Horse Sanctuary in Shingletown, California.

IAN. How long did it take to write the book?
NK. It took me seven months to write Tales and another two months for editing, proofing, and design work. My gifted designer, Janet Aiossa, and I worked on the cover early in the writing, so the cover work was completed long before the manuscript. I had saved an inside cover of a National Geographic back in the early 90s that really “spoke” to me. I had no idea why I was saving it until I began to write Tales. Janet did a wonderful illustration based on that image. We personalized the cover by using my hand; my dog, Saba’s paw; my cat, Crystal’s paw; and my horse, Stormy’s leg. I included a red-tailed hawk’s wing, because I get messages from them all the time; a white-tailed deer leg that I also communicate with; and a Hawaiian Spinner dolphin’s flipper that I’ve encountered in the waters off Oahu and Maui.

IAN. What inspired you to write the book?
NK. I always envisioned that one day I would write about the amazing animals I was helping and learning from. This I was sure of even long before I knew I could write. Life on my farm was jam-packed each and every day with unending chores and responsibilities. After meeting Love, which opened my mind and broadened my perspective on things that happen beyond our five senses, I was inundated with astonishing events and animals. I knew their stories had to be shared one day, because their lessons weren’t just meant for me. Their lessons hold great benefit to all. They teach valuable lessons that we’ve long forgotten in our hurry-up society. Simple, yet treasured lessons – how to live in the moment, how to love unconditionally, about transition and reincarnation, etc. – lessons we need to master.

IAN. Talk about the writing process.
N.K. I’ve always been a morning person, which is a perfect trait for a farm owner and manager. When I’m working on a book I usually write every day. Before I begin, I check my emails to be sure I don’t have any communication and/or healing work that needs my attention. Since an animal communicator is usually the last person consulted for an animal’s issues, I try to handle requests for help as quickly as possible. My communication and healing work takes priority over my writing. I didn’t learn this lesson in NJ, which is why I ended up writing my first book, Letting Go: An Ordinary Woman’s Extraordinary Journey of Healing & Transformation. I may be a slow student, but I don’t forget my lessons once I’ve embraced them. I would never write at night or do anything else for that matter unless it was an emergency. I want to be at my best for my writing and my communicating and healing work.
After I’ve written a chapter, I print it. For whatever reason, I just cannot edit on the computer screen. I have to see the written page. Once I’ve made my corrections, I make the changes in the computer and print it again to review. I use a lot of ink and paper, but it’s just my method.

IAN. Did you use an outline or do you just wing the first draft?
N.K. For Tales, I did create an outline of the animals based chronologically. Since I was writing about my life experiences, it was easier for me to align their tales chronologically. Once I had everyone listed with birth and death dates, I just let my heart flow the words and memories onto the computer screen. Whereas Tales was intended to be a book from the start, my first book, Letting Go, was based on a personal journal. Because of that, it required a huge amount of editing. Tales was finished much quicker because it required much less editing. Also, I like to think it was because I’ve become a better writer thanks to all the articles and columns I’ve written over the past three years since Letting Go was published.

IAN. How is your book different from others in your genre?
N.K. Tales is different from others in this genre since it not only shares my telepathic communication experiences, but it also shares the experiences and lessons related to the different healing modalities I work with, which include Spiritual Response Therapy, Vibrational Remedies, Color Therapy, Channeling Insights & Guidance, and Shamanic Healing.

IAN. Is your book published in print, e-book or both?
N.K. Tales, as well as Letting Go, is available in print and as an e-book.

IAN. What do you hope your readers come away with after reading your book?
N.K. If you’re an animal-lover or know one, Tales will really show you what part animals are waiting to play in your life. During a consultation session years ago, I was “told” that companion animals came into existence to answer our souls cries for help, because life on Earth is so difficult. The animals in people’s lives have come to them for a reason. Tales will help people recognize the deeper purpose of the animals in their lives. It’s my hope that reading Tales and learning the lessons of the animals that are featured in it will broaden the reader’s perspective on the significance of their animals in their life while helping them develop more meaningful relationships with not only their animals, but all animals.

Letting Go was created for people that have suffered a sudden and unexpected loss or are struggling with negative emotions that are adversely influencing their lives. Until they learn the lessons their pain has come to teach them, they won’t be able to let it go. Letting Go can help readers recognize the lessons their soul is trying to show them, so they can embrace the lessons, release the pain, and move forward and find happiness again. My purpose in publishing Letting Go was to help people learn from their traumatic life challenges more quickly & easily. Once their lessons are learned, they can move forward with grace. Letting Go earned the High Country Writers 2009 Memoir Book of the Year Award.

IAN. Where can we go to buy your book?
N.K. Personalized print copies of both Tales and Letting Go are available on my Website, www.NancyKaiserAnimalCommunicator.com as is the CD or M3P download of Gifts From the Universe. Print copies are also available from most online booksellers. However, purchasing from my Website allows me to donate the most from the sales of Tales to the various animal charities that it will benefit.




IAN. Tell us about your next book or a work in progress. Is it a sequel or a stand alone?
N.K. My next book will be a sequel to Tales titled Tales of an Animal Communicator – Being A Clear Voice. It will share the lessons I’ve learned through almost 20 years of communicating and facilitating healing work for my many clients’ wonderful animals. Without their trust in my skills, I wouldn’t have been able to learn and grow into the woman that I am today. I am forever indebted to these generous animals and their people for allowing me to help them forge deeper and more meaningful relationships.

IAN. Who do you consider your greatest master teacher?
N.K. To pick one out of all the amazing animals that have shared their lives with me is incredibly difficult. I simply can’t. I have two that have touched my life in profound ways. The first is the Quarter Horse filly foal, Because Of Love, who showed me what my life’s purpose was. Love’s story begins Tales because without her I may never have discovered my true path as an animal communicator and healer. Although she only lived for four short months, Love changed my life forever. I will never be able to thank her enough. Love’s soul has actually been waiting since 1993 for her story to be told.

The second is my dear mare, Squiggles, who was born in 1985. Squiggles stayed with me for 17 years and not only taught me more than most, but she also gave me three colts, who became master teachers for me as well. Prior to my uncovering my communication skills, Squiggles almost died three separate times. Each time, I learned significant lessons about her will to live and strong determination. Squiggles’ and her colts’ lives are chronicled throughout Tales. I have a beautiful painting of her and her second colt, Randy, that hangs next to my bed. I look in those eyes every day and feel grateful that they chose me to be their person.

IAN. Do you have suggestions for newbie writers?
N.K. Write for the “right” reasons for you. Write from your heart. Publish to contribute something of value to others not just to earn money. Surround yourself with professionals that respect your opinion regardless of your inexperience. Be open to constructive criticism and be willing to explore new possibilities and options. Remain true to your purpose and know that your heart knows best. Even if you never publish, the act of writing alone may be all you need. Writing healed me; publishing didn’t. But, know that the first time you hold your own book is magical and enormously satisfying. Each time you hear how your words have helped another, your heart warms and you smile. Those are the moments you’ll remember long after any money you’ve earned is spent.


Tales of an Animal Communicator ~ Master Teachers by Nancy A. Kaiser
317 pages
Memoir, Animal Communication, Pets, New Age
Aronya Publishing


I arrived at Gregory’s house for my session just as I had for many previous ones. For the first time, a collective of my Guides and Teachers channeled through Gregory. Their message was blunt and to the point, followed by an apology for being so direct – but they felt it was the only way to be sure I understood the message I’d been missing. I was told in no uncertain terms that if I continued to jump, I would have a tragic fall that would break my back and restrict me to a wheelchair for the rest of my life! Kind of like a patient who’s just heard they have cancer, I didn’t hear much after that. Luckily, Gregory records his sessions. Of course, it was my choice what I did with the information. They couldn’t interfere with my free will, but they hoped I’d make the wisest choice.
My head was spinning as I headed home. I’d never expected anything this serious. I had a choice, but really what choice did I have? To be wheelchair bound would be a fool’s choice. I’d just been told I could never again do the one thing that had always brought me such joy. I felt like I’d been hit in the stomach with a bat. I cried and cried and cried for days. Jumping horses had been my passion for 50-plus years – the one constant in my life.
I only shared my devastating message with a few close friends, including Collette. I could hardly get the words out before I would start crying. The next time I saw Stormy, I hugged him and cried, telling him I didn’t want him to ever feel like he’d hurt me. I’d been told that I could probably jump a couple more times without incident. The thought of never experiencing that feeling of freedom and power again was agonizing. I had to take the chance to jump one last time. I needed to. I hoped by doing so I’d be able to accept my sentence of “life without jumping.” I had no doubts about the veracity of the message or the method by which it came to me. I knew others probably did, but that was their issue.
Stormy hadn’t been worked in more than a month due to my back pain and vacation. I worked him until the last chance I had to jump before the barn closed. Collette and I felt he’d be fine jumping through a gymnastic (series of three jumps sequentially rising in height). Stormy’s trouble had only occurred at single fences. I wondered if I’d be tense, given the information I had received. I wasn’t because I believed that I’d be protected so that I could say good-bye to joy without incident, so that I could create a final lasting memory.
Stormy was great for not having jumped in so long. We jumped through the gymnastic several times. Collette raised the last oxer (spread fence) each time. I tried to burn the memory into my being – that fantastic feeling of Stormy over the big oxer – to hold onto for the rest of time. He is the absolute best horse I’ve ever jumped, and there’ve been many.
I could’ve jumped forever, but knowing Storm wasn’t fit enough I stopped. As soon as I did, I lost it! The tears streamed down my face, as they are right now. Stormy and I walked around the upper half of the ring with Collette by our side, her hand on my leg telling me it would be all right. But, it wouldn’t! My life’s passion had just died and took joy along with it. The loss of my ability to jump was more heartbreaking than the loss of my husband to unexpected divorce six years earlier. I’d been married for half my life, but I’d been jumping for my entire life, and jumping had never disappointed me.
I fought away the tears as I headed back to the barn. I didn’t want to upset Stormy any more than I already had. I didn’t want anyone else to know what I’d just said good-bye to either. I was reeling from the roller coaster of emotions, plus it was private and personal. I had surrendered to the message from my soul, my Guides and Teachers, the Universe, but I was a long way from accepting it – a very long way.
I am grateful for my intuition that let me know something was amiss. I am grateful for the message, which allowed me to make an informed decision before it was too late. I knew many weren’t so fortunate (including a friend and fellow jumper rider, who dove into a lake and spent the rest of his life training students and their horses from his wheelchair). I felt lucky and grateful one minute, and then devastated, angry, and extremely sad the next. Surrendering is way different than accepting. Without both, you won’t truly heal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment